Well I am finally back in Minnesota. The holidays are over and not a moment too soon, because my belt wasn't getting any smaller.
I couldn't have asked for a better break. I surprised my long time girlfriend with an engagement ring and (after making sure I was being serious a number of times) she said yes. I spent Christmas with her (soon to be my) family and then flew down to Oklahoma City for a short visit with my mom, my little brother and lots of grand parents.
I got to spend New Years with my fiance and my oldest friend in the world, Tyler. I grew up swimming with Tyler and while he has now moved on it still seems like we can't ever talk about it enough. It was great to see him and his fiance.
As much as I didn't want the break to end, I was excited to get back in the pool. I have a lot of work to do between now and World Championships in Shanghai and it's time to get started.
To end this post I will leave you with some numbers of what I've been up to in the last 30 days:
Miles flown - 16,000
Miles driven - 1600
Pounds of turkey/ham/stuffing/grits/potatoes eaten - too many
Engagement rings bought - 1
Proposals accepted - 1
Books read (including comic books) - 5
Movies watched - 15
Good times had - always
No comments:
Post a Comment