-->

Thursday, October 14, 2010

20 Years In

Last weekend I celebrated my 25th birthday which marks my 20th year as a competitive swimmer.

As I look back on my career as a swimmer, it is hard to pick out specific memories that stand out. I know I have gone to hundreds of meets in my lifetime, but recalling a specific meet isn't easy. What I do remember is all the people I have met along the way (and I have met a ton of people). Coaches that have come and gone, friends I rarely keep in contact with, oh yeah, and just about everyone in my life I have met because of swimming. My girlfriend, my closest friends, my roommate, my boss, my co-workers, my acquaintances, my financial advisor, my dog (indirectly), and just about everyone else. Swimming has become such a large part of my life, that if you took it away, there wouldn't be much left. So I'm 20 years in and still going. Thanks to my sport for everything I have been able to do and more importantly, thanks to all the people I just mentioned, because without you I would have stopped a long time ago.

2 comments:

  1. I know I'm a little late tot he game on this, but remember the last session on the last day of 2005 Big 10's? Doesn't get much better for my money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't think that memory will ever fade. Especially when the exact same thing happened in 2007.

    ReplyDelete