-->

Monday, April 19, 2010

Update!

Hi everyone!  I haven’t entered a blog in a few weeks, so more than anything else this is an update on what I have been up to during my break and travels around the country.

During the last weeks in March I traveled to Ohio, Indiana and then back to Ohio. I went to visit my girlfriend’s family in Ohio (Erin, my girlfriend, was volunteering at a halfway house in New Orleans).

After a few nights with Erin’s family I drove to Indiana for a meet in Indianapolis. I swam well at the meet, if not as well as I would have liked. I am still in the midst of big stroke changes, so all things considered I swam well.

Immediately following the meet I drove the two hours to Dayton to meet Erin and my dog, Wade. I spent the next week with them enjoying some time away from the water, but not away from training.

During that week I ate too much of Erin’s cooking, played with Wade and generally relaxed. It was a wonderful vacation.

Since then I ran a stroke refinement clinic over spring break, which I really enjoyed. It is great to have a small group of kids and to be able to focus on specific technique changes that need to be made.

I am now back into the full swing of training. I workout 2-3 times a day, minus Sundays. I am coaching both the Senior and Advanced Home School training groups. I am having fun getting to know the new faces and beginning to start the work that will lead to fast swimming at the end of the summer.

Thanks to all of the coaches who helped with the clinic and to all of the kids who attended. I look forward to running more in the future.

To Erin and Wade, Erin I miss your cooking and Wade I miss you putting your slobbery tennis ball in my lap. I can’t wait to see you both again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment