-->

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Long Time No Blog

I have recently been told that it has been too long since my last blog post, so I am going to do my best to update all that has been going on.

Since the National Team Camp in Chula Vista, I have gone on vacation with my fiance to the north shore of lake Superior, I went with our club to the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, I bought a new bike to ride back and forth to practice, and now I am settling in for the last weeks of training until World Championships in Shanghai.

Our vacation was beautiful. We had a blast relaxing up north and got really lucky with warm(ish) weather. We are still hunting for a place to get married and we are really excited about the possibilities.

Colorado Springs was great. I got to work pretty extensively with the USA Swimming staff on technique on their high-tech gear they have at the pool. I found a few things to fix in my stroke that should make a big difference going into this summer.

I bought a new bike a little over a week ago and I have been doing my best to ride back and forth to practice. It is a great ride on nice days and cold when the wind is blowing, but spring is here and summer is on the way.

Training is going great, my next big meet is in Charlotte in mid-May, where I get to see one of my closest friends and race some big names. Should be a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment