For me, the most important part of setting a goal is to believe in it 100%. If I tell myself I want to be the best 100 Backstroker in the world, I have to believe not only that I can do it, but that I can do the work necessary to make it possible.
Once I set a goal I try and remind myself of it every day, especially when I am training my hardest. Remembering what I am working towards makes it all just a little bit easier. Then once I am done with the hard parts of the season and taper time rolls around I try and relax as much as possible about racing. The work is done and racing is just the "icing on the cake."
Thanks again to Mrs. Lueth and her class for inviting me to speak. I had a lot of fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment