-->

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Pan Pac Training Camp 2

Team USA has now moved into the competition hotel and is settling in for the next week. The Pan Pacific Championships start this Wednesday. One of our team captains said at our meeting tonight that, although it is only a four day meet, it seems much longer. The competition is fast, the event line-up is dense, and in the prelims we are competing for spots amongst ourselves for the World Championship Team next year.

The World Championship Team is picked from the finals times in any given event. Preliminary times from the morning do not count towards making this team. Also, at Pan Pacs, only two Americans are allowed to make the final heat, making preliminary swims very important. In other words, you have to qualify fast in the morning, to go even faster at night. Team USA is the fastest, deepest team in the World. No spots are handed over easily, everything must be fought for. I couldn't be more excited about this meet. If winning a National Championship opened a door of opportunity, swimming well at this meet is walking through that door. I have never felt so comfortable going into an international level competition. I have no doubt in my mind that I am right where I need to be. More importantly, I'm having fun. I have let swimming be something that I enjoy again and right now I can imagine swimming for the next ten years. I guess for now I should keep it focused on the next week. Thanks for all of your support in following my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment